Gukwa̲s sa Wagalus
Thank You Comox Valley!
Love and support for our Rainbow House Royalty Weekend Showcase
Thank you to the Comox Valley for your love and support of Dawn to Dawn’s Rainbow House Royalty weekend showcase, April 14-15 hosted in partnership with Pride Society Comox Valley and the Sid Williams Theatre.
The Friday night film featuring The Empress of Vancouver was educational and thought-provoking. Grant Shilling, D2D community facilitator led a Q&A after the film opening the floor for the audience to engage with the director. This was the perfect lead into the following sold out Drag Show, the audience brought down the house as local and professional talent rocked the retro theme with costumes, passion and enthusiasm. It was an evening of music, laughter, glitter and fabulous entertainment.
“At a time when queer and trans identity is under seige, the good people of the Comox Valley, the folks at the Sid Williams Theatre , the performers, Dawn to Dawn board and hereditary Chiefs showed us love. For that and the support for this passion project of mine I am eternally grateful.”
– Grant Shilling D2D Community Facilitator.
Photos courtesy of the amazing and generous Karen McKinnon Photography.
A very special thank you to these businesses for their support.
- Soul Star Metaphysics https://www.soulstarmetaphysics.com
- Design Therapy https://www.designtherapyhome.ca
- Artifact https://www.artifactshop.ca
- Covet https://covetinqualicum.com
- Milano Coffee https://www.milanocoffee.ca
- Hot Chocolates https://hotchocolates.ca/collections/cakebread-breads
- Sure Copy Courtenay https://surecourtenay.ca
- Karen McKinnon Photography https://www.mckinnonphotography.com
- 98.9 Jet FM Radio Station – Robyn Clark https://www.mycomoxvalleynow.com/on-air
- Old House Hotel and Spa https://www.oldhousevillage.com